Greening the Office: Almost There!
We are almost there!
Yesterday, we tallied up our "green points" by taking a survey that gives points for every earth-friendly step we take in running the office. Our goal was to reach "Gold Certification" - a total of 200 "green points".
Some things that give us these points are:
- Changing our lightbulbs to CFL's
- Installing sink aerators to use less water
- Reusing materials as craft supplies, etc (see some of the results)
- Recycling everything we can't reuse
- Purchasing "carbon credits" to offset our carbon use when traveling and shipping items
- Using certified "green vendors" for all of our merchandise (Did you know our t-shirts are 100% Organic and Fair Trade, our shaky eggs are made from a sustainable fast-regrowth wood, and our posters are printed on 100% recycled paper using soy ink?)
- Printing double-sided
- Installing a filtered water system to cut our bottled water usage
And much more!
After the assessment, we were thrilled to see we've reached almost 400 points! We can't wait to make it official - our Green Consultant, Michele, is busy finishing up the paperwork (which is mostly happening online to reduce the use of ACTUAL paper).
We hope to be certified as a Green Company in the next month or so!