Jamaican Family Adventure
January 13-16, 2017 | Jewel Resorts: Runaway Bay | Runaway Bay, Jamaica
The Laurie Berkner Band
Disney's Choo Choo Soul With Genevieve!
Aaron Nigel Smith - Reggae for the whole family!
Musical Yogini Kira Willey
Join Kids Music Superstars The Laurie Berkner Band, Disney's Choo Choo Soul With Genevieve!, Aaron Nigel Smith, and Kira Willey for an unforgettable Jamaican family vacation in beautiful Runaway Bay, Jamaica at The Jewel: Runaway Bay! Four days of musical island fun in a family-friendly, all-inclusive resort. Hang out with the bands and enjoy the sun, surf, water park, and a plethora of activities for kids and adults, alike! Parents can even utilize the on-site nanny services and age-appropriate activities at The Kids Club for some parents-only time.
About The Resort:
The Jewel: Runaway Bay is an ALL INCLUSIVE Fabulous Family Resort, meaning that all meals (in any of the resort's 7 onsite restaurants) and beverages (including all liquor, beer, wine, frozen drinks, champagne, etc) are included, as well as a variety of activities and water sports - including an awesome water park and scuba diving (for those certified). Plus, round trip airport to resort ground transportation!
This awesome package also includes:
- 4 Nights at the all-inclusive Jewel Runaway Bay
- 3 Full LAURIE BERKNER BAND shows on 1/14, 1/15, and 1/16
- 3 Full CHOO CHOO SOUL shows on 1/14, 1/15, and 1/16
- Special Guests AARON NIGEL SMITH and MUSICAL YOGINI KIRA WILLEY (leading morning family yoga!)
- Artist Poster Signing with THE LAURIE BERKNER BAND, CHOO CHOO SOUL, and other special guests.
- Additional Activities
An All-Inclusive Vacation Experience!
- All Meals are included from 7 Restaurants on the Resort.
- Unlimited Premium Drinks at 6 Bars (including 3 Swim-Up Bars)
- Special Post-Show Barbecue and Bonfire each night
- 18-hole championship golf course
- Complimentary Resort-wide WiFi
- On-site nanny services
- Kids Club - age-appropriate fun for kids 18mo-17yr!
- Full waterpark
- Fitness center with a myriad classes
- Enhanced Water Sports Activities Center featuring Scuba Diving, Sunset Cruises, Glass Bottom Boat Tours, Reef
- Snorkeling Excursions, Hobie Cat and Non-Motorized Water Sports
Concerts: What To Expect
What to bring to a show:
- A stuffed animal (for your head!) - don't have a favorite stuffed animal? Get a Laurie Berkner Band pig!
- Your tickets/Will Call confirmation and a valid ID
- Whatever your child needs to be comfortable! Special toys, snacks, sippy cups, blankets, etc. Most venues allow strollers and have special stroller parking areas.
- Download the (free) Laurie Berkner Band app on your smart phone - Laurie sometimes asks for your help at the end of the concert using the app's photo section.
- Your dancing shoes!
What to expect at a Laurie Berkner Band or Laurie Berkner Solo show:
- Band concerts usually last about 75-90 minutes.
- Solo concerts usually last about 60-75 minutes.
- Concerts do not always begin exactly on time. Please feel free to prepare your kids that sometimes we start 5-10 minutes late.
- Merch is sold at most shows, including CDs, DVDs, books, toys, t-shirts, and more. Credit/Debit cards are usually accepted.
- The Laurie Berkner Band welcomes fans of all ages and abilities! We have many fans with autism and other special needs who come in all ages and sizes - be welcoming and kind! Everyone is there to sing, dance, and have a great time :)
- If you or your child has special needs, please feel free to contact the concert venue and ask about accommodations and accessibility. We are also happy to do our best to accommodate special requests to make your experience great - see below for more information.
- It’s okay to make noise and move around during concerts! You don't need to stay in your seat or be quiet. We love a moving crowd!
- While we work hard to be sure the sound is not too loud or overwhelming for sensitive ears and eyes, band shows do include drums and all ears are different. You are welcome to speak to an usher if you feel the sound is too loud, and we will do what we can to accommodate. You are also welcome to take a break - most venues have a lobby or other area away from the action where you can hang out while you’re taking a break. Ear plugs can also be helpful for very sensitive ears - we recommend the corded, reusable kind for children.
- We do not use strobing lights, but in some venues the lights do move around. You are welcome to find an usher if you feel the lighting is too overwhelming, and we will do our best to adjust accordingly.
Thanks very much to our friend Frank Campagna - aka Autism Daddy - for helping us with creating this info page. Check out Frank's awesome blog about parenting, autism, and family here: www.theautismdaddy.com/or follow him on Facebook.
Join My Street Team!
What is a Street Team?
Street Team members help us spread the word about our shows and events! Some ways to spread the word include:
- E-mailing your friends, family, co-workers, and acquaintances to tell them about the show!
- Posting show info on your Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, blog, Instagram, and other social media sites.
- Contacting your PTA, mommy groups, etc. in and around the show area with info about the show.
- Printing a show flier and/or postcards from the list below and posting in local pre-school haunts: libraries, community centers, book stores, pre-schools, toy stores, playgrounds, etc! Please see the concert list below, pick your show, and print the poster/postcard! ***Be sure to ask permission before posting or leaving postcards!***
- Morristown, NJ: Show Information | Download Poster
- Raleigh, NC: Show Information | Download Poster
- Charlottesville, VA: Show Information | Download Poster
- San Francisco, CA: Show Information | Download Poster
- Santa Barbara, CA: Show Information | Download Poster
- Freehold, NJ: 12p Show Information | 4p Show Information | Download Poster
- Cleveland, OH: Show Information l Download Poster
How do you become a Street Team member?
There are just 2 easy steps to become an Official Street Team member:
- Perform one or more of the options above for a show/event in your area, and then -
So, what’s in it for you!?
- Aside from my eternal gratitude for your efforts, I will send EVERY Street Team Member an autographed postcard!
- For LAURIE BERKNER PERFORMANCES: I will choose 5 Street Team members to win backstage VIP passes for their whole family (up to 5 family members) to the show you help promote* - the more you do, the better your chances are to win!
- PLUS - anytime we can offer special promotions (discount tickets for future events and merchandise, free stuff, special apperances, etc.) we'll contact our Street Teamers first!
*Please note that backstage passes do not include tickets to the show. You can find ticket links on our touring page.